Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Marbled Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies

Marbled Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
Marbled Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
Originally uploaded by 1001Sweets

I had to start somewhere, right? So why not make something Joe would love! His only requests when I ask him what he'd like for desserts are "peanut butter and chocolate." He gets both.

This was a pretty simple recipe that I altered to make it peanut butter cheesecake instead of plain. Took about 15-20 minutes to mix together and then 45 minutes to bake, so an hour over all.

Joe seemed to like them a lot so I will check this one off as a success!

-----
Brownies:
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup all purpose flour

Cheesecake Mix:
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
** NOTE ** I substituted 1/2 of the ricotta for peanut butter!

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease an 11x7" rectangular baking pan.
Place the butter in a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa and sugar.
Beat in the eggs, add the flour and stir to mix evenly.
Pour into the pan.

For the cheesecake mix, place the ricotta, peanut butter, sugar and egg in a bowl and beat together.
Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture over the chocolate mix in the pan.
Use a spatula (or chopstick like I did,) to swirl the mixtures together lightly.

Bake  in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until just firm to the touch.
Let cool in the pan, then cut into rectangles.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. NO RECIPE?!?! Seriously? You can't post THAT picture and not include a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have it with me! I promise to post it tonight when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! DJ says, "You rock, Aunt Brielle! I love brownies!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! I'm so making these this weekend.

    I wonder if I could convert this to a pumpkin cheesecake blondie recipe, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want I can post a blondie recipe next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I don't see you much these days, but I had no idea you did this much baking! How do you do all this baking and still stay so damn skinny?! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I slacked all summer! But now that it's getting chilly I'm getting back into it, especially since I will have a lot of time on my hands soon =)

    Oh, and while making the desserts, you kinda get sick of them so by the time they're done I don't even eat it!

    ReplyDelete